PS3 improved video mode autodetection for HDMI/DVI

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Tue Aug 21 01:43:08 EST 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Stefan Assmann wrote:
> >> btw, I get the following message while booting:
> >> PS3AV_CID_AV_VIDEO_DISABLE_SIG: failed 2 port 10
> >>
> >> does this ring a bell? I'm using kernel 2.6.22 with ps3 patches
> >>

> > Do you put your kernel in FLASH ROM (otheros.bld)?
> > Does it still happen after upgrading to a kernel that has
> > ps3-wip/ps3av-vesa-stripes-workaround.diff applied (e.g. Geoff's current git
> > tree)?
> >
> Yes kernel is written to flash memory. I added
> ps3-wip/ps3av-vesa-stripes-workaround.diff to my source tree, the
> message persists, even using Geoff's git tree with my .config file and
> running oldconfig didn't change the behavior. I'll append my .config
> file. The message is the very first line printed at kernel boot.

I know you could get the PS3AV_CID_AV_VIDEO_DISABLE_SIG message in some cases
when booting immediately into a VESA mode.

I see you have

    CONFIG_CMDLINE="quiet sysrq=1 panic=42 video=ps3fb:mode:0"

Does it go away if you remove the `video=...'?

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619