Patches for ppc?

Johan Borkhuis j.borkhuis at dutchspace.nl
Sat Aug 18 00:36:56 EST 2007

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 09:43 +0200, Johan Borkhuis wrote:
>
>> I am working with a PPC-kernel, and came across a problem with the PCI
>> initialisation. On this mailing list I see a lot of patches, but they
>> are all for the PowerPC architecture. Are patches for the PPC
>> architecture still processed?
>>
>> I know that the ppc-architecture is being phased out, but for the moment
>> I am stuck with it, as the board I am working with is not supported in
>> the powerpc architecture.
>>

> If you've having to submit or look for patches, it sounds like it isn't
> working with the obsolete arch/ppc either. Time to update, perhaps?

Well, this is one of the minor issues I have with the ppc architecture,
but I am quite happy with it. Even for this I could make a workaround,
but I guess this is something that other might stumble upon.

I would like to move to powerpc, but for the moment there is no official
support for powerpc, for ppc there is, but I don't have the time to move
this to powerpc. So I am afraid I don't have much choice.

Kind regards,

--
Johan Borkhuis                                  Dutch Space BV
email:        j.borkhuis at dutchspace.nl          Newtonweg 1