Discontiguous Memory for MPC85xx Series

Morrison, Tom tmorrison at empirix.com
Wed Aug 15 07:37:12 EST 2007

I am working on a separate project where there is a
discontiguous physical memory map . In looking at
solutions, it looks like the way to go is to
use something like a SPARSEMEM option.

FWIW, it even mentions something about discontinuous
memory in the Device Tree example about the 970 CPU
(Documentation/powerpc/booting-without-of.txt)

I am wondering if there is an implementation for
SPARSEMEM or DISCONTIGMEM being worked on in the
powerpc branch that I could use for the mpc85xx family?

Or does somebody have another suggestion on how
I would do this?

Thanks in advance you can suggest!

Tom Morrison
Principal S/W Engineer