[patch 00/14] Current 4xx patch series

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Aug 3 07:39:51 EST 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:57:26 +0000 (UTC)
Hollis Blanchard <hollisb at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:15:47 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > For those interested, here's my current 4xx patch series.  There are a few
> > cleanups as a pre-requisite for 40x support, some minimal Walnut support, and
> > another round of Bamboo patches.  These are all based off of Paul's current
> > tree.
>
> Bamboo is booting for me with your patches. Let's get them in soon...

I plan on submitting a series to Paul tomorrow-ish for 2.6.24.  Too
late for 2.6.23.

> > Ethernet for 4xx in general is still provided by the out-of-tree emac rewrite
> > that Ben and David have poked at.  If it doesn't get merged soon, I'll take
> > a look at getting it working again.
>
> Please!

Someone brought up the fact that the EMAC rewrite is mostly just
changing probing code and the guts are still similar to the current
EMAC driver.  I haven't really looked into it yet, but if that's true,
I'd be curious as to why it was done that way.

Either way, I'm hoping we can get something into 2.6.24.

josh