ipv6 in yaboot

Doug Maxey dwm at austin.ibm.com
Wed Aug 1 07:08:49 EST 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:11:01 BST, Paul Nasrat wrote:
>On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 14:21 -0500, Doug Maxey wrote:
>> Howdy!
>>
>> I just got asked about ipv6 support in yaboot and a quick investigation
>> showed _no_ knowledge of the address formats in the code.
>
>We really just use OF for obp-tftp and don't have our own ip stack,

True.  Was just curious about the handling of the address formats,
where the xxxx:... will probably be used.  Several spots already make
lots of assumptions that the colons are only in the disklabel.

> as
>there is no 1275 standard for ipv6 (although some modern IBM firmwares
>which also have iscsi support it) it's somewhat hard.

Oh, I agree completely.  Publication is still being worked.  The good
news is that the description is already there.  Once folks can see the
whole enchilada.

>> Should I be submitting an RFC for a full parser that can pick that
>> apart?  Or does has someone have code lurking in the shadows, that
>> just needed some prompting?  :)
>
>Have you tried it with firmware that supports obp-tftp over ipv6?

Heh.  Not yet, but RSN.