linux 2.6 on xilinx ml403

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Apr 16 15:59:56 EST 2007

On 4/10/07, Miroslaw Dach <miroslaw.dach at psi.ch> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>         I am new in the linux powerpc linux. I have the Avnet evaluation
> board which contains xilinx ml403 (Virtex-4 FX family). The challenge I
> have is to build linux (most preferable 2.6) with suitable drivers.
>
> On the net I have found much information how to build linuxppc 2.4 for
> xilinx ml300/ml301. I did not found however any good reference which
> refers to kernel 2.6 and suitable patches for powerpc 405 which is
> included in the ml403.
>
> I would appreciate very much if someone could provide me with some good
> reference links referring kernel 2.6 for PPC 405 on xilinx ml403.
> I have found the place to download the linuxppc_2_4_devel on BitKeper page
> but there is no equivalent like linuxppc_2_6_devel.

The mainline tree has ml403 support, but it's not complete.  I just
posted a set of patches that clean up a bunch of stuff and add some
support.  Also, if you look through the mailing list archive, you can
find a copy of the adapter.c file needed to make the Xilinx TEMAC
driver work with Linux.

I'm also planing to publish my git tree tomorrow where I've integrated
all the patches I need to get Linux in a useful state for the ml403.
The git tree will show up on http://git.secretlab.ca.  You might find
it easier to grab my tree and use that as your starting point.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.