common flatdevtree code

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Thu Sep 28 08:32:02 EST 2006

Here's the latest version of my version of the flatdevtree code...

I talked to David Gibson about this and he pointed out that there is a
problem with using a void * to identify nodes (i.e. returned from
ft_find_device and passed to ft_set_prop etc.).  The problem is that
if we reallocate the space for the tree, then any void * handles that
the user of the library has are then invalid.  Perhaps we have to use
offsets from the beginning of the struct region instead - the offset
for a node will be stable across changes of the node or any of its
descendents, at least.

Paul.