RFC/slightly offtopic: Automatic patchwork status updates

Michael Neuling mikey at neuling.org
Wed Sep 27 16:26:05 EST 2006

> For some time now, we've been running patchwork on the linuxppc and
> cbe-oss-dev lists. For those who haven't seen it, it collects and
> tracks patches posted to the lists, and shows them here:
>
>   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc
> and
>   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cbe-oss-dev
>
> However, the patch 'state' (eg, accepted, rejected, debug only, changes
> requested) doesn't get updated very often, as it can be an unnecessary
> burden on the maintainers.
>
> All this information is available from the actual upstream tree itself,
> so essentially patchwork *should* be able to just mirror the state.

Personally, I use the git web server on kernel.org to see if my patches
are in a particular tree.  I have a bookmark something like this:

http://git.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc.git&a=search&h=HEAD&s=Jeremy+Kerr

This may not solve all the problems you are trying to solve with
patchworks though.

Mikey