Linux on custom Xilinx board with PPC405 hangs on boot

Peter N. Andreasen peterarbejde at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 17:40:13 EST 2006

Liu, Linas, list
Thanks a lot for the answers. It helped me to review the hardware
configuration again.
The problem was the definition of the Flash size.
It turns out that the Xilinx generated header files define the size of the
Flash. But the kernel also has a configuration option: Memory Technology
Devices / Mapping Drivers for Chip Access / Physical Length of Chip Mapping
My arch/ppc/platforms/xilinx_ocp/xparameters_ml300.h defines this as 4Mbyte,
but the option in the kernel was set to 64 Mbyte (an extra 0 which I had not
seen)
thanks again
Peter