powerpc power management

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sat Sep 9 06:16:08 EST 2006

Hi John

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, John Rigby wrote:

> MPC5200 which has a 603 core.
>
> On 9/8/06, Vaidyanathan S <svaidy at in.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > John Rigby wrote:
> > > I need to implement suspend to ram (sleep mode) on an embedded powerpc
> > > processor.  I have googled generally and searched the lkml, this list
> > > and the linux power management mailing list.  It seems after all this
> > > searching that the only existing code is for the powermac in
> > > drivers/macintosh/(variousfiles) and
> > > arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/(variousfiles).  Is this true or am I
> > > missing something?

I've been also playing with these ideas for a few weeks now, but before I
can start with that I have to port my board from arch/ppc to arch/powerpc,
which also means fdt support, new booting code, etc. But if I manage that,
I hope I'll get back to those ideas - if somebody doesn't do it before me,
which, actually, would be quite nice:-)

Is your board already using ARCH=powerpc or ARCH=ppc? If the latter, I am
afraid, you'd need to port it under powerpc first. Don't think it makes
much sense doing new developments under arch/ppc now.

As far as I understand, power-management code is also in flux, so, that
won't be easy either...

If you do start working on str, I'll try to be useful at least with
testing:-)

Thanks
Guennadi
---