Crash with highmem support enabled

Gerhard Pircher gerhard_pircher at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 17:45:14 EST 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:34:50 +1000
Von: Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba.org>
An: "Gerhard Pircher" <gerhard_pircher at gmx.net>
Betreff: Re: Crash with highmem support enabled

> Gerhard Pircher writes:
>
> > I guess this has something to do with the IO block mapping, which is
> > implemented in the amigaone_setup.c file and looks like this:
>
> Why on earth are you still using io_block_mapping?

What should be used instead? ioremap()? The io_block_mapping() code was copied over from the PReP platform code in arch/ppc/platforms/.

In the meantime I found out that highmem failed due to the IO block mapping (sometimes it is good to look at the code ;). The mapping is needed for the AmigaOne/U-boot framebuffer to be able to access the ISA memory and I/O. Where and when can I savely remap (no 1:1 remapping) the ISA space so that the framebuffer survives the MMU initialization?

thanks!

Gerhard

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl