Handling machine check exception

ganesh subramonian gun_raj at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 14:59:43 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to modify the machinecheck exception
handler so that checks caused by data access to a
particular address range can be ignored. In mpc866
there is a register called DAR(Data Address Register)
which gives the address[access to] which caused the
exception. However this is not mentioned in the
MPC8247 manual. Is there some equivalent register for
8247. (It seemed to me that the DAR should be a core
register and hence should be there on 8247 also. but
if i try to read i really dont get the address causing
the error).

Or is there some way i can specify that access to a
particular range of address should not cause a machine
check?? Please help.

thanks
ganesh