Graphic issues (emulating VGA bios on IBM Maple)

jf simon jfaslist at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 12 01:06:30 EST 2006

>>I have ported the x86emu x86 emulator to IBM PIBS firmware on a Maple
>>platform. I am now trying to emulate a PCI ATI RADEON RV100 VGA BIOS.
>>It goes all the way and seems OK.  When I boot Linux , the card is
>>recognized (it wasn't before),
>>

>If the VGA BIOS POST works correctly, you should probably see some
>output in VGA text mode. Do you?

No can do. The Maple platform can't generate any PCI memory access below
0x8000.0000. So it can't access  the VGA buffer. I have removed all
these accesses from being generated by the emulator. (all other acceses
to the card, including  PCI I/O accesses  to the VGA registers remain
though).
I am looking at the radeon driver. Maybe it is confused as it thinks it
is running on an OF based machine while at the same time locates a x86
VGA BIOS.
-jfs