vsdo_datapage.h WTF?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Oct 8 07:56:29 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 16:10 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 00:58 +1000, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> > We need a way to export cache size/associativity information (sysfs,
> > /proc/device-tree parsing?) and a plan to fix the applications using
> > it first.
>
> ELF auxvec?

No, we abuse them too much already.

I was thinking that the vDSO could have a mecanism for retreiving infos,
maybe based on name.

 int __kernel_query_config(const char *tag, void *buffer, int size);

Or something like that and we define a bunch of them in a header... Now
the problem is to get glibc to re-export that to apps...

Ben.