NTP time sync

Alessandro Zummo alessandro.zummo at towertech.it
Mon Nov 27 09:53:17 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:37:10 +0100
"Joakim Tjernlund" <joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se> wrote:

> >  the concept of static numbers is quite old...
>
> Yes it is old, but is the old way unsupported now? I have an embedded target
> which is using the old static /dev directory, do I need to make
> it udev aware to use newer features like the rtc subsystem?

 That can be a good option. You can also do
 a symlink to /dev/rtc0 in your boot scripts or simply
 upgrade your hwclock to a version that accepts
 the device as a parameter.

 The old /dev/rtc name is not supported on the new rtc subsystem.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy