[RFC: 2.6 patch] remove broken video drivers

Jes Sorensen jes at sgi.com
Thu Nov 23 20:08:29 EST 2006

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Schmitz <schmitz at mail.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

Michael> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> This patch removes video drivers that: - had already been marked as
>> BROKEN in 2.6.0 three years ago and - are still marked as BROKEN.
>>
>> These are the following drivers: - FB_CYBER - FB_VIRGE -
>> FB_RETINAZ3 - FB_ATARI

Michael> FB_ATARI has just been revived. Geert has a preliminary
Michael> patch; I'll send the final one soonish.

I'm probably the only one with a RetinaZ3 left but the machine hasn't
been booted for quite a while..... not sure if I'll get to it in the
near future, but I can always resurrect the patches from an old kernel
and start from there if I do.

Jes