[RFC,PATCH 0/2] Oprofile-on-Cell prereqs

Kevin Corry kevcorry at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 10 01:58:11 EST 2006

Here are two patches that provide some prerequisites for the upcoming
Oprofile-on-Cell patches, which Maynard Johnson will be posting.

These patches are against the 2.6.18-arnd5 tree.

1. cbe_pmu_interrupts.diff
Add routines for managing the Cell PMU interrupts.

The following routines are added to arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/pmu.c:
 cbe_clear_pm_interrupts()
 cbe_enable_pm_interrupts()
 cbe_disable_pm_interrupts()
 cbe_query_pm_interrupts()
 pm_init_IRQ()

This also adds two routines to arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/interrupt.c
to manipulate the IIC_IS and IIC_IR registers:
 iic_clear_pmi_interrupt()
 iic_set_interrupt_routing()

We are still working on how to clean up cbe_clear_pm_interrupts() and
cbe_enable_pm_interrupts() so we hopefully won't need to call the
iic_ routines (and also not need the additions to interrupt.c).

2. export_hrtimer_forward.diff
Add a symbol-export for kernel/hrtimer.c::hrtimer_forward(). This routine
is needed by the upcoming Oprofile-for-Cell patches, since Oprofile can
be built as a module.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry at us.ibm.com