[snd] looking for layout-ids

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri May 26 11:14:08 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 12:43 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Hey,
>
> In order to replace snd-powermac for the newer machines where the
> 'sound' node has the 'layout-id' property, I'm looking for testers on
> machines that have a layout-id [1] property with one of the following
> values: 0x24, 0x29, 0x33, 0x50 and 0x3a.

Some tips:

 0x24 is old G5's (PowerMac7,2 and 7,3) primary i2s bus
 0x29 is not in my list so I don't know what machine it is
 0x33 is aluminium powerbook 15" rev. 2 (PowerMac5,4)
 0x3a is mac mini (I can test that one one of these days but we'll need
the
	        toonie codec, which is basically a "null" codec with only
	        the amps GPIOs available)
 0x50 is not in my list

Also not in your list nor in the driver:

 0x3c is recent single CPU desktop G5 (PowerMac9,1) (SMU based) bus
i2s-a
 0x3d is same as above bus i2s-c

The later is a onyx + topaz setup iirc, possibly similar to the quad.