snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed May 24 19:41:23 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 09:46 -0500, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

> Yeah, I'm not sure how I was supposed to know that i2sbus was the magic
> module.

Heh, yeah, sorry. Thing is, if you'd have just installed the modules and
rebooted, it would have worked :)

> That seems to be working now. Again, from PowerMac11,2:

Yeah looks fine, except I just fixed a very stupid bug in the i2sbus
module. Please don't try to remove it after loading, until you upgrade
to the current version.

> This is probably just because I loaded all the modules I could find.

I tried changing the tas module to detect if the codec *really is
present*, but failed. There's some code in there, but I'll solicit some
help with that later.

> Volume control does indeed work when the tas module isn't loaded.

Interesting, but good to know. I'd have thought that the fabric would
not take the codec into use. Will see if I can fix that.

> Could you also add a sample modules.conf? For example, users should be
> told to remove snd-powermac.

Good point. Everything else should not be necessary though, since the
i2sbus module should automatically load due to having a macio modalias.

johannes