snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at spring.luon.net
Wed May 24 01:41:37 EST 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 11:20:29PM +1000, Paul Collins wrote:
> Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 10:25 +0300, Eddy Petri??or wrote:
> >
> >> Any chance for 5,2 ? What is needed for it? Codec only?
> >
> > I don't know. If you try loading the modules, the kernel will tell you
> > something about an unhandled layout id. Alternatively, you can find the
> > layout-id file in your /proc/device-tree/ and tell me the number in it.
> > The rest I can figure out.
>
> I have a PowerBook5,4 here and I'd be happy to test support for it.
> The hardware is identified by snd-powermac as "PowerMac Snapper" and
> the layout ID appears to be "3".

I wanted to test on my PowerBook5,2. Uhfortunately i can't find no layout-id
file for the sound device or any other layout-id file for that matter:

$ find /proc/device-tree | grep -i layout
/proc/device-tree/memory at 0/ram-layout-architecture

Futhermore one loading the i2sbus module it only gives some information in
dmesg once every two tries ? No errors are shown when there is no output.

Probably not very usefull, but when i get output it shows the following:

i2sbus: mapped i2s control registers
i2sbus: control register contents:
i2sbus:    fcr0 = 0x0
i2sbus:    cell_control = 0x0