snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

Paul Collins paul at briny.ondioline.org
Fri May 19 23:20:29 EST 2006

Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net> writes:

> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 10:25 +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
>
>> Any chance for 5,2 ? What is needed for it? Codec only?
>
> I don't know. If you try loading the modules, the kernel will tell you
> something about an unhandled layout id. Alternatively, you can find the
> layout-id file in your /proc/device-tree/ and tell me the number in it.
> The rest I can figure out.

I have a PowerBook5,4 here and I'd be happy to test support for it.
The hardware is identified by snd-powermac as "PowerMac Snapper" and
the layout ID appears to be "3".

[briny(device-tree)] od -c pci at f2000000/mac-io at 17/i2s at 10000/i2s-a at 10000/sound/layout-id
0000000  \0  \0  \0   3
0000004

--
Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood