DMA problem on PPC 74xx

Monika Borikar monika_borikar at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 16:44:37 EST 2006

Hello All,

 I am working on PPC 74xx processor which uses Marvell mv64360 host bridge. On PPC linux-2.6.12.5 (with EV64360 patch ) is running, with CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE=y option in .config file.

 I have a pci device which has to do DMA transfer from PPC memory. This pci device is DMA master for all dma transactions. The device driver on PPC allocates memory using pci_alloc_consistent & write the data to this allocated memory. Address of this allocated memory is given to device using which device is supposed to do read/write using dma mechanism.

 Looks like dma transfer is not happening. I found few mails which talks about some problem with caching. Can anybody guide me if there is any such issue & how to solve that?

 Thanks
 -Monika