Flash map information in device tree.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 5 09:34:42 EST 2006

I'd like to get rid of some of the 'map' drivers in drivers/mtd/maps/
and replace them with simple platform devices. On PPC, I'd like to do
that with nodes in the device tree, with appropriate properties:
	- physical address
	- size
	- bankwidth
	- chip probe type (CFI/JEDEC/RAM/ROM/etc)
	- partitioning information

Can we define a format for this so it can be included in the device
trees which we're presumably going to be generating for the embedded
boards which are supported by the arch/powerpc kernel?

If we can get either an updated u-boot or a boot wrapper which work on
the Wind River SBC8265 or SBC8560 boards, I might even be able to test
it myself.

--
dwmw2