Large Page Support, 2.6 kernel , PPC440

moris dong moris_dong at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 03:34:29 EST 2006

Friends,
My PPC440 (32bit) MMU supports multiple page sizes.
For the default 4K pages, my 2.6.11 kernel compiles and boots just fine.
I want to re-build it with large pages, to improve my application
performance.
I tried modifying PAGE_SHIFT in "page.h" to 13 (8K pages) and re-build my
kernel.
Compilation worked out fine, but my kernel does NOT boot, nor it prints
anything to the console.

Has anyone successfully compiled & booted a 2.6 kernel with pages larger
than 4K ?
What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot.