windfarm for PM72/PM73/RM31

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Mon May 1 10:27:19 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm working on writing a windfarm driver for the PM72/PM73/RM31 boxes,
amongst some other windfarm work I'm doing, and I have a few quick
notes/questions:

Process so far/TODO list:
- I've got the ds1775 and max6690 chips returning all of their data on
  PowerMac11,2 and PowerMac7,3. I need to change the detection code for the
  max6690 sub-nodes (it has both internal and external temps) as they
  don't exist on PM72.
- Need to write windfarm sensor drivers for: ds1631, ad7417, lm87
- Flesh out my windfarm_pm72 more - it's based on the therm_pm72
  constants and the pm112 module for now, completely untested until I
  have the sensors and controllers hooked up.

Questions:
1. Message naming consistancy - there are a number of printk/DBG
statements that seem to flip randomly between using a prefix of
'windfarm:' or 'wf:', and then some that omit it entirely.
Any consensus on which one is preferred?

2. Could somebody please send me a tarball of /proc/device-tree/ from a
RackMac3,1 unit? I've got the data for PM72/73 already.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at gentoo.org