2.6.16 does not boot on powerbook

Dustin Lang dalang at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 29 01:37:39 EST 2006

Hi,

> #
> # Platform support
> #
> CONFIG_PPC_MULTIPLATFORM=y
> # CONFIG_PPC_ISERIES is not set
> # CONFIG_EMBEDDED6xx is not set
> # CONFIG_APUS is not set
> # CONFIG_PPC_CHRP is not set
> # CONFIG_PPC_PMAC is not set

Could that be your problem?  (I've never used MULTIPLATFORM, maybe you set
that intentionally; I've always used PPC_PMAC.)

Do you have ARCH=powerpc set?  It's possible that ARCH=ppc is broken...

2.6.16 works fine on my PowerBook 6,2.  When I patched up to 2.6.16 I
found I had to go through the config process - some of the PowerMac
options seem to have been turned off.  Maybe that was just me doing
something wrong, or maybe some of the Kconfig defaults changed?

I'd suggest going through your config options again and making sure
everything is the way you want it.

Cheers,
dstn.