Running Linux 2.6.16 and Xorg 7.0 on iMac G5 rev C (iSight)

Mark Guertin mguertin at ppckernel.org
Thu Mar 23 03:33:48 EST 2006

On 21-Mar-06, at 9:03 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>>   - Get Ben's kernel at http://bersace03.free.fr/pub/iMac%20G5/
>> vmlinux.bz2 (mirror of http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/vmlinux.bz2).
>> bunzip2 it at /.
>
> Don't do that ! :)
>
> There is no such thing as benh's kernels :) that's long gone. In
> fact, I
> just removed the above one from the site... it was just a build to
> help
> you. 2.6.16 should work on this machine, if you need a pre-build
> version
> of it, try to get somebody on this list or post yourself one somewhere
> but don't spread the idea that there is still such a thing as "benh's
> kernel" :)

If you're ever looking for prebuilt kernels for powerpc check out
http://ppckernel.org/

Many prebuilt (vanilla, some custom kernels).  We're always willing
to take on more configs as well (like ubuntu builds).  if you want to
add some get in touch with me offlist and we can get you setup.

Makes for good regression testing as well as we keep an archive of
the kernels built.

Mark