Unmapping pages from the linear addressing without HIGHMEM support

Gerhard Pircher gerhard_pircher at gmx.net
Sat Mar 11 00:31:01 EST 2006

Yes, that was the solution I would have used. The other solution is to
reserve a physical memory area for DMA operations that is not mapped by the
BATs (AFAIU nor by any page tables setup by the kernel). Therefore I doubt
that I can simply reuse the dma-mapping.c code for the latter approach!? Do
I mix something up here?

> > ...   but I guess I have to setup my own page table for the reserved
> > DMA memory area and implement my own alloc_pages() function!?
>
> No, that's already done for you behind all of these functions.
But only, if the whole BAT mapping is killed, right?

Thanks!

Gerhard

--
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!