[Fastboot] Re: Kexec for booke PPC processors

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 3 02:26:46 EST 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 8:32 AM, dagriego wrote:

> I'm working on the E500 core, particularly the mpc8540/8560ADS boards
> - David

There are patches to u-boot that have been posted to allow mpc8540
ADS to boot with a flat device tree (needed by kexec).  In addition
the powerpc.git tree has support in arch/powerpc for building a
kernel that uses that flat device tree for mpc8540 ads.

I'd recommend you start with getting that going on your system.

- kumar