AltiVec in the kernel

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Sun Jul 23 23:28:02 EST 2006

> You could give Freevec a whole lot more exposure, to people
> who might be more interested in it than the average glibc
> user, by putting it into uClibc first.

[snip]

> You'll have to update uClibc's PowerPC port first though
> (mostly just copying stuff from recent glibc) -- it seems the
> libc AltiVec support (for handling setjmp() etc.) isn't in there yet.

I remember a discussion from one of the Gentoo guys wanting to do this
with libfreevec.

Getting into Gentoo, though, is not difficult. The problem with this
is Gentoo is one Linux distribution. I would be more impressed if code
was in Debian or Ubuntu considering their exhausting lead times on
producing new package trees and accepting new code :D

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations