[JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer

Geoff Thorpe Geoff.Thorpe at freescale.com
Mon Jul 17 13:28:47 EST 2006

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>Please don't try to reinvent Usenet  netiquette,  poorly.

Begging your pardon, sire. Thanks for the adverb too btw, quite a bonus
- amusing, albeit poorly.

And speaking of which...

>Commercial
>ads, job ofers and the like have always been banned. It's just lately
>that nobody remembers the good old days any more and everybody thinks
>he can force his ideas over everybody else.

?! Whoah, if that's the nature of the discussion, fine - count me out.

Oh, and FYI - the good old days also involved rock musicians in spandex,
and ... well ... whatever. If you were referring to me, then I retract
any such "force" without hesitation - because until you told me
otherwise, I was entirely ignorant to its existence. To be honest, I'm
still not sure *what* force you're talking about, but I'll take your
word for it.

And while I'm at it, the next time you throw a dart, I sure hope it at
least hits the dart-board - there's nothing more uncomfortable than
having to apologise to an unknown, uninterested, and uninvolved
bystander who has a dart sticking out of his forehead just for having
been in the room. But for what it's worth, "oh don't be silly, no
apology necessary". :-)

>If there is demand for job  offer  postings,  then  these  should  be
>handled on a separate mailing list.

If you say so, I never really liked playing darts anyway, stupid game -
too many people holding sharp instruments they have too little control over.

Cheers,
Geoff