Maple platform - adding graphics to IBM PIBS firmware

jf simon jfaslist at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 11 23:28:18 EST 2006

Hi,
We have designed a VME CPU card based on IBM Maple platform.
We've had problems making it work with a PCI/PMC graphic card we've also
designed based around the ATI Radeon 7000 (RV100 QY). To solve this we
have linux consultants helping us in emulating the ATI video BIOS at the
linux kernel level.
But we would like to modify  the PIBs firmware with simple routines
(scroll,..)  to use the graphic screen attached to the ATI as a text
(alphanumeric) console. The keyboard would be USB.
Is this possible even if the video BIOs didn't previously  initialize
the ATI graphic chip?
I realize this question doesn't really belong here...but not sure where
to ask, sorry about that.
Thanks a lot
-jf simon