setup arch

Paul Smith pheidius1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 03:09:09 EST 2006

I hesitate to lay this one out here because you all
are way over my head. The regular forums have not
responded to this in any meaningful way.
Hi,

Box:
Quad 2.5 PPC
4.5 GB non ecc 533 Ram
RocketRaid2320
Nvida 6600 256mb

software resources:
install-ppc64-minimal-2006.0.iso
install-ppc64-minimal-2006.0.iso.DIGESTS
install-ppc64-minimal-2006.0.iso.CONTENTS
install-ppc64-universal-2006.0-32ul.iso
install-ppc64-universal-2006.0-32ul.iso.DIGESTS
install-ppc64-universal-2006.0-32ul.iso.CONTENTS

Checksum.app

I am still stuck on this installation attempt.
Here is a recap of the situation:

Both the minimal .iso
images(install-ppc64-minimal-2006.0.iso) and the
universal.iso(install-ppc64-universal-2006.0-32ul.iso)have
been checksummed and check out good.
I zereod out my cd media in both cases to make sure I
had no media damage that might cause corruption of the
images.

When I boot from either the minimal or uninversal ppc
64 ect. ect. I get to a black screen that says:

Welcome to the the Genntoo 2006 PPC install-CD. This
cd allows you to install on 64 bit apple and IBM
Hardware either a 32 or 64 bit user land, running on
top of a 64 bit kernal. Please refer to help on the cd
to learn more about this install-cd.

Gentoo Installation Handbook http://ppc64.gentoo.org
further info http;// ppc64gentoo.org
Bugs: "bugs.gentoo.org(Cc ppc64 at gentoo.org)
IRC :#gentoo-ppc64 on IRC.freenode.net
pesss tab to shoow the kernals. welcome to yaboot
version 1.3.11
enter "help to get some basic usage information

Boot:

if I push enter it says "loading kernal"
Elf64 ramdisk loaded
(then something else real quick)

then I hang in a grey screen that says
Cf00100
MM Init
CF000012
MM Init Done
Cf000012
Setup Arch
The machine just hangs here with the fans running
pretty fast

When I press tab the kernal that is available is:

G5 G5-ttyS0,57600

I know you are not really supposed to guess when you
are asking for help but the above is all the hard data
I know to give.
I was looking at arch.app and it seems as if this is
the architecture part of the kernal.
Given that this is very new hardware is it possible
that there is either a bug in the image or that this
hardware is not yet supported?
Anyone have any ideas?