G5 troubles booting powerpc-git (July 6)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jul 7 08:56:27 EST 2006

If you look at arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c from line 479:

	/* Check if mapping already exist, if it does, call
	 * host->ops->map() to update the flags
	 */
	virq = irq_find_mapping(host, hwirq);
	if (virq != IRQ_NONE) {
		pr_debug("irq: -> existing mapping on virq %d\n", virq);
		host->ops->map(host, virq, hwirq, flags);
		return virq;
	}

What if you comment out the host->ops->map(...) call in there ? Does it
help ?

I think I have a little misdesign in my new powerpc irq handling
regarding the mixing up of mapping and setting of triggers. I'm working
on a solution, hopefully patches early next week.

Ben.