[Alsa-devel] sound connector detection

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Jul 5 04:51:55 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 17:55 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> Such a control element doesn't have to be IFACE_MIXER if you want to
> hide.  You can use IFACE_CARD, for example, for a card-specific
> element but not belonging to the mixer component.

Oh. Good, I'll submit a patch to change that then so that it isn't
there. Someone's probably gonna lart me for it though because it isn't
visible any more ;)

> That's true.  OTOH, invoking a command at each time isn't always a
> good solution, depending on the event-frequency and heaviness.

Yeah, that's the downside of a hotplug type approach.

Well, I'm open for other suggestions. I just dislike the current state
of pushing events through the alsa control elements. Sorta feels wrong.

johannes