ppc vs. powerpc status update, please

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sat Jul 1 20:20:12 EST 2006

What's the _current_ trend with those 2 archs, specifically,respecting
embedded boards, the make ARCH=powerpc ***_defconfig for a board under ppc
"just should work" doesn't seem to hold and I didn't find any provisions
for that. (I read in an earlier post it "should"). Are ppc platforms still
supposed to migrate to under powerpc? I am not quite clear where to put
all board-specific stuff then, in that post it was told "you almost don't
need anything, just use device tree and a correct CPU support, and put
your specific _drivers_ somewhere". How is it in reality?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski