[Alsa-devel] RFC: OSS driver removal, a slightly different approach

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Sat Jan 21 06:04:15 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 11:54:43AM +0000, Martin Habets wrote:

> It seems to me we can already get rid of sound/oss/dmasound now.
> I cannot find anything refering to it anymore, and the ALSA powermac
> driver is being maintained.

You are correct that I forgot to add the dmasound drivers to my list,
but I don't think we can get rid of all of them since I doubt the ALSA
powermac driver was able to drive m68k hardware.

Can someone from the ppc developers drop me a small note whether
SND_POWERMAC completely replaces DMASOUND_PMAC?

> Martin

TIA
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.