copying /sys causes fans to spin up

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Tue Feb 28 03:43:31 EST 2006

 On Mon, Feb 27, Olaf Hering wrote:

> Ben,
>

> some tool copies /sys, and while doing it, the fans start to spin up on
> my G5. Any idea how to fix it, other than not reading from /sys? Have to
> find the exact file.

Just 'cp -a --parents /sys /dev/shm/' will trigger this, but fans dont
spin up:

KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 06)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_ADDR, state: state_stop (isr: 06)
KW: wrong state. Got KW_I2C_IRQ_STOP, state: state_addr (isr: 04)
low_i2c: Keywest got an out of state interrupt, ignoring