parsing of some early cmdline options

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Feb 24 10:19:12 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 17:02 -0600, Kumar Gala wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I noticed that we have code in arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c to handle
> parsing iommu=, mem=, and crashkernel=.
>
> The problem I have is that we only use/build prom_init.c on MULTIPLATFORM
> (coming from true OF).

MULTIPLATFORM is here to die (or rather be always there, with
ARCH=powerpc we really want to NOT reproduce the old single platform
crap) , but yes, prom_init.c is supposed to only be run on real OFs...

I suppose we woul have to deal with those in early_init_devtree() for
machines that didn't go through prom_init()....