kurobox kernel

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Fri Dec 29 08:11:02 EST 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Mark Glines wrote:

> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > Look here: http://www.kurobox.com/revolution/downloads/contest/patchREADME
> > for a somewhat rough README and here
> > http://www.kurobox.com/revolution/downloads/contest/patches.zip are the
> > patches (sorry about the zip - that was revolution's format of choice...)
>
> Thanks a bunch.  A RAM build of uBoot boots the old kernel fine, so I'll
> replace my older uBoot with it.  The only trouble I had was stripping carriage
> returns out of the patches in that zipfile; after that, everything went pretty
> smoothly.

Wow! You are the first who followed my instructions and to that
successfully! Thanks!

Urrrggggh, those carriage returns - I don't have any *DOS* here AT ALL...
It's the Revo guys...

> I noticed uBoot is looking for a *.dtb file, as well as the kernel image.  The
> patchREADME refers to a "dtc" tool, but the URL it gives
> (http://ozlabs.org/~dgibson/dtc/dtc.tar.gz) does not exist.  So I googled and
> found git://ozlabs.org/srv/projects/dtc/dtc.git, and tried to compile
> kuroboxHG.dts, with the command line specified within that file:
>
> $ dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts
> DTC: dts->dtb  on file "kuroboxHG.dts"
> ERROR: Missing /chosen node
> Input tree has errors
>
> So, uh... is the *.dts file in 2.6.20-rc2 bad, or am I compiling it wrongly?
> (And is this normally done by hand, or as part of the kernel build process?)

That's ok. You DO have the "-f" which does produce an output. The error is
because the "chosen" is not there, but this is how we need it for U-boot.

It's done by hand.

So, you've done everything right! Congrats:-)

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski