kurobox kernel

Mark Glines mark at glines.org
Fri Dec 29 07:53:19 EST 2006

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> Look here: http://www.kurobox.com/revolution/downloads/contest/patchREADME
> for a somewhat rough README and here
> http://www.kurobox.com/revolution/downloads/contest/patches.zip are the
> patches (sorry about the zip - that was revolution's format of choice...)

Thanks a bunch.  A RAM build of uBoot boots the old kernel fine, so I'll
replace my older uBoot with it.  The only trouble I had was stripping
carriage returns out of the patches in that zipfile; after that,
everything went pretty smoothly.

I noticed uBoot is looking for a *.dtb file, as well as the kernel
image.  The patchREADME refers to a "dtc" tool, but the URL it gives
(http://ozlabs.org/~dgibson/dtc/dtc.tar.gz) does not exist.  So I
googled and found git://ozlabs.org/srv/projects/dtc/dtc.git, and tried
to compile kuroboxHG.dts, with the command line specified within that file:

$ dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts
DTC: dts->dtb  on file "kuroboxHG.dts"
ERROR: Missing /chosen node
Input tree has errors

So, uh... is the *.dts file in 2.6.20-rc2 bad, or am I compiling it
wrongly?  (And is this normally done by hand, or as part of the kernel
build process?)

Thanks,

mark