MPC8548 PCI Express Support

Morrison, Tom tmorrison at empirix.com
Fri Dec 29 07:04:20 EST 2006

Hi,

I am a newbie to this list. I have tried to search the
list's archives to see if this has been discussed
for ideas, and I do not see anything related to this.

I am working on a MPC8548 platform, which has a
PLX 8532 PCI-Express chip on it.

I am using a 2.6.18.x linux kernel (x=6 at the moment)

I saw there are patches for linux kernel for 2.6.11.x
(via freescale), but I am hoping you guys know of something
a little 'newer' than that (so I can patch a 2.6.18.6 kernel)

Also,l PLX supplies a linux driver, but it is module driven.
I could put the module and associated 'loader' into the InitRD image
(and load it up), but it would be 'neater' to have the support
built-in to the kernel. Would you guys have any suggestions
and/or experience with this?

Any/all suggestions and experiences shared are more than welcomed.

All the best~!

Tom Morrison
tmorrison at empirix.com