atomic_clear_mask() on PPC ?

Simon Vallet svallet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 22:25:05 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm currently trying to "port" a binary-only driver to Linux/PPC : the card
manufacturer
provides MacOS X and Linux/i386 drivers, providing *some* sources with the
Linux driver.

The plan is to use the provided sources, and to get the remaining symbols &
code from the MacOSX
object -- Unfortunately, one of those components makes a call to
atomic_clear_mask(), which doesn't
seem available on PPC yet.

So the question is : is there a workaround for this, and if not, how would
you implement this call
(I have absolutely no knowledge of PPC assembly). Quickly grepping through
kernel headers reveals it
is present for i386, arm and x86_64, but not sparc or ppc. Is there a reason
for this ?

Simon