[Openipmi-developer] [patch 1/1] ipmi: add autosensing of ipmi device on powerpc using device-tree

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Dec 9 22:44:05 EST 2006

On Saturday 09 December 2006 01:07, Corey Minyard wrote:
> > I think the current representation is perfect. AFAICS, there are always
> > two registers, but depending on the HW implementation, they may be
> > between 1 and 4 bytes wide, and can have a different spacing.
> >
> The BT and SMIC interfaces have three registers.  Does that break things?

It should still work, but I have to admit that at this point it gets ugly.

How about defining the properties just like the driver expects them:

reg <size> <len>:	the area spanning all registers (2 or three)
reg-spacing <number>:	offset of the start of each register (default 1)
reg-size <number>:	length of each register (1, 2, or 4, default 1)
reg-shift <number>:	bit-position of the data inside the register
			(default 0).

	Arnd <><