2.6.19 cannot find root partition

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Thu Dec 7 19:17:32 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, David Gibson wrote:

> Yeah, I had this problem on paulus' old PReP machine - I had to
> manually zap the AIX magic number to get it to see the perfectly good
> partitions.

Something like this in aix_label_present should do it, beside
echo > /dev/sda

        struct partition *pt = (struct partition *) (p + 0x1be);
        int slot;
        for (slot = 1; slot <= 4; slot++, pt++) {
                if (pt->sys_ind == LINUX_SWAP_PARTITION ||
                        pt->sys_ind == LINUX_RAID_PARTITION ||
                        pt->sys_ind == 0x83 ||
                        pt->sys_ind == 0x8e ||
                        is_extended_partition(pt))