The "icache enable" cause the linux crash

陈希 xchen at sunrisetelecom.com.cn
Tue Dec 5 19:36:04 EST 2006

Hi,
	I use Uboot  to boot the linux. The console display "transferring
control to linux..."  and the LED1 is lighting. The linux crash at this.
When I port the Uboot to my board(MPC885), I meet the similar problem. I
must disable icache in board_init_f() then the uboot can run in ram.
I delete line 2 and line 5 , it is worse. Both of LEDs are not light.  Could
you tell me why.

initial_mmu:
	.
	.
	.
/* Since the cache is enabled according to the information we
	 * just loaded into the TLB, invalidate and enable the caches here.
	 * We should probably check/set other modes....later.
	 */
////////////////////////////////
Light the LED1
///////////////////////////////
1	lis	r8, IDC_INVALL at h
2	mtspr	IC_CST, r8
3	mtspr	DC_CST, r8
4	lis	r8, IDC_ENABLE at h
5	mtspr	IC_CST, r8
#ifdef CONFIG_8xx_COPYBACK
	mtspr	DC_CST, r8
#else
	/* For a debug option, I left this here to easily enable
	 * the write through cache mode
	 */
	lis	r8, DC_SFWT at h
	mtspr	DC_CST, r8