MPC83xx SPI controller questions

Reeve Yang yang.reeve at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 14:03:23 EST 2006

Greetings!

I'm trying to make mmc/sd card whihc is connect to MPC8343E SPI controller
to work. I found there are SPI drivers added after kernel 2.6.16, but we're
using kernel 2.6.14. I have a few questions help someone could help out.

- Has anyone backward ported SPI driver to kernel 2.6.14?
- Does spi_mpc83xx.c work for MPC8343E cpu? I saw some comments of Kumar
Gala to say the driver is not for CPM or Quiccengine SPI controller, but I
think 8343 is one of quiccengine
- I don't see any arch/ppc change for SPI like done for TSEC, e.g., we need
to declar the platform device, and init platform data. Is this correct? how
to test this driver? Or say, how to make this driver work? I only saw
/sys/bus/platform/drivers/mpc83xx_spi/ created but no sure if SPI controller
works.

Thanks in advance.

- Reeve