pata_sl82c105 can not reserve IO region

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Dec 2 08:53:49 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 22:05 +0300, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> Olaf Hering wrote:
>
> >>The printk in pci_request_region has 'bar + 1', so 6 should be possible
> >>if i becomes 5.
>
> > Does the IO region of the last bar look correct?

I think BAR 5 is unassigned by the firmware, though when OF does that,
it often means that an OF driver for that chip decided that the BAR
wasn't useful.

In fact, the driver doesn't actually use that BAR 5... Only 0 to 4
afaik.

I think the libata code shouldn't request the BARs it doesn't need or
that problem will hit us in other circumstances. It should only request
0 to 4 and let the drivers request 5 themselves if they need it.

Ben.