[POWERPC] Allow xmon to build on legacy iSeries

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Fri Dec 1 11:04:34 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 16:04 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:04:08 +1100 Michael Ellerman <michael at ellerman.id.au> wrote:
> >
> > Why the ifdefs around the firmware check? Shouldn't it compile out to
> > nothing for !ISERIES anyway?
>
> I wasn't sure if it gets built for 32 bit or ppc and have broken them
> before.  This was the patch is very obviously safe and is more likely to
> get accepted ...

The safe road ey :)

It does get built for 32-bit, but the firmware feature test is safe.
AFAIK ppc still has its own copy of xmon which it uses.

ps. why are you including <asm/iseries/it_lp_reg_save.h> instead of
firmware.h?

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
OzLabs, IBM Australia Development Lab

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person