RFC: Location for Device Tree Sources?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 9 21:18:29 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 15:32 -0500, Jon Loeliger wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Where should we place the sources for the OF Flat Device
> Tree source files?  They used to be in U-Boot, but that
> isn't happening any more.

Why ? While having device-tree's in zImages is good to handle firmwares
that can't pass them, I still think that the proper thing to do is to
have the firmware provide the DT to the kernel. Did Denk decide once for
all against having DTs passed by uboot at all ? In which case, it's
probably time to consider a fork...